14 February 2010

"Skins" Videos - Generation 1 (1 of 3)

Anyone who knows me knows that I love “Skins” – the concept is simple: follow a group of teenagers through their two years of sixth form (last two years of high school here in the States). Every two years, a new crew of characters, and a third generation has been announced for 2011. This British dramedy asserts it self as most authentic show of teenaged life. All I can tell you is that you will laugh, cry, and be dumbfounded by some of the things that go on. (MTV is planning an adaptation of the show for the States, but I can’t see it as being as raw – this show is raw compared to American sitcoms or drama. It may very well loose its edge on the adaptation.) As for this post (the first in a series of three), I wanted to share some of the music that the show has used. The producers of the series really understand how music works, and the range of music that people listen to in real life. Hence, the range of music on the show is astounding. So, you may actually come across a few videos you never imaged that I would post! What I really like about the music that is played on the show is how it really adds depth and dimension to the characters and scenes, and not just background filler. (And the original music of Fat Segal is simply amazing!) Though I wish more of the music were available to embed, that is another story. So let me stop my babbling and faffing… Enjoy the videos!

Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" from RobertPalmerVEVO YouTube Channel.



Archie Bronson Outfit's "Dart for My Sweetheart" from the DominoRecords YouTube Channel.



Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" from the JohnnyCashVEVO YouTube Page.



Blondie's "Heart of Glass" from their MySpace Video Page.


Heart Of Glass

Blondie | MySpace Music Videos


Lyrics Born's "I Changed My Mind" from their YouTube Channel: lyricsborntv.



Camera Obscura's "Keep It Clean" from their MySpace Videos Page.


Keep it Clean

Camera Obscura | MySpace Music Videos


Luther Vandross' "Never Too Much" from the LutherVandrossVEVO YouTube Channel.



The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" from their YouTube Channel: whitestripes.



Asobi Seksu's "Thursday" from their MySpace Videos Page.


Thursday

Asobi Seksu | MySpace Music Videos

No comments: